Sunday, December 04, 2005

A Boy's Paradise

Caleb is getting the hang of it

Caleb stops and lets Kerry take a picture of him




This sums up how Caleb felt about the weekend
AWESOME!




This weekend, Kerry and Caleb were in a boy's paradise. Saturday morning at 6am, the boys loaded up in the car and headed to Ocotilla Wells, CA to ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers with In the Dirt Ministries. According to Kerry, Ocotilla Wells is located south of Palm Spring, CA in the desert, about a 3 hour drive from where we live. They were able to ride off and on all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Caleb also got to experience sleeping in a camper and he found that to be pretty exciting as well. They had a blast!

Caleb talked nonstop about everything they did when they got home. For added information, the dirt bike that Caleb is on in the pictures is a Yamaha PW50 with training wheels.

While Caleb and Kerry were enjoying their weekend of excitement, Josiah and I enjoyed one entire day of nothing on Saturday. That is my idea of a fun day after having a busy week. I layed on the couch and cuddled with Josiah and watched movies. In between movies, I tried to clean some and do laundry. Having caught the boys' colds, I didn't have much energy to do alot of cleaning. And Josiah didn't seem to mind the extra attention.

Today, Josiah and I attended the Staff Wives Christmas Party. I enjoyed meeting some of the 50 (+/-) staff wives that were present (about 30 were not there). Everyone was very welcoming and enjoyed meeting Josiah as well. I planned to do some Christmas shopping afterwards but had missed my boys too much, and I was ready to see them. So, I met them at church. I enjoyed the break, but I am glad to have them back home safe and sound.

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

Caleb, you look like one cool dude! Love you! Aunt RyRy

ScottyB said...

Nice wheels Caleb! It was great to have you camping in my trailer. We had fun huh? I hope to see you again soon and maybe we can ride again in the coming months. Your friend,
Scott