Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Five More Sleeps!

When a big event gets close, time at our house is measured by sleeps. Life for our household is going to be pretty busy and fun over the next few days. I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it all. In two more sleeps, Caleb knows he is receiving a surprise from Daddy. We will be going with some of the people Kerry works with and their families to Disney Land. Caleb will find out when we get there if Kerry can keep it a surprise (Kerry's really excited and probably would have already told him). I'll let you know. Then, in four more sleeps, we are celebrating Christmas here in California on Christmas Eve. In the past, we have always opened gifts on Christmas morning, but since Sunday will be busy and we want to have a relaxing gift time, we switched days. Then on Christmas Day we will be flying to Texas. I think I'm most excited about getting to see all of my family and then the following weekend seeing Kerry's side of the family. My parents plan to be at the airport even though we will have a rental car, since they have the carseats. I love watching Caleb's face as he runs and hugs whoever is there to meet us. It is priceless. We will be in Texas for 12 or 13 days. Yeah! And we have someone coming to stay at our house at night to take good care of Bailey, our big golden retriever. I am so bad about leaving our dog, we almost packed him up and flew him with us. But God sent this nice young man to us who will take good care of Bailey. In between all of this, Kerry will be at about 12 Christmas services at church. The services start Wednesday and go through Christmas morning. The boys and I will make it to one of them, just haven't decided which one yet. I guess I should get busy packing since it takes me days to pack!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun for your family in the next 4 sleeps! Have a wonderful Christmas and safe travels back home to Texas...enjoy your holiday and being with your family. Tell them hello from me.