Friday, December 16, 2005

The Lonely Deer

I have to admit that life has not slowed down much since we moved to California. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with having two children now, one still a baby. I never seem to be able to stay caught up on everything. The upstairs might be completely clean but then the downstairs would look like a tornado had hit it. In the midst of putting up the Christmas tree, wrapping presents, continuing homeschooling, and caring for Josiah, the house seems to be thought of less and less. Which brings us to the story of the lonely deer.

As of a few days ago, the Christmas tree, Fontanini, and churches were all in their places, but decorations outside did not exist. Typically this is Kerry's job, even though I know he doesn't really enjoy it. One of these days I'm sure Caleb and I will take over this job. Anyway, since we have all been sick with a bad cold, I knew I could not pester Kerry to put the lights up. I felt as bad as he did. But, I thought that at least we could buy one of those blow up decorations for the front yard which would probably take up our entire front yard. Caleb wanted to go with me to pick it out. Caleb and I shopping together and agreeing on an item seems to always take a very very long time these days. When we got to the store, we found what we wanted until Caleb spotted the lighted deer. Caleb just knew it was perfect for our yard. Keep in mind, we have no other decorations in our yard. After many minutes of each of us debating our choice, we came home with one lonely deer. Our neighborhood is very festive with lots of lights on the majority of the houses. And then you come to our house where out front we have one deer eating all by herself. Oh well. Maybe next year there will be two and a few lights added as well.

1 comment:

Anonomous said...

The lonely deer is lonely no more. Enjoy.