Monday, January 02, 2006

Holiday Happenings!







It's been awhile since I have had a chance to blog, but I finally have time to write for a few minutes. I will try to get caught up here. It has taken me about 5 different tries to finish this entry. For some reason I can't seem to upload pictures right now. I will add them when we get back to California.

Sunday, December 25th -- Kerry, Caleb, Josiah and I flew back to Texas. While on the airplane, I was able to catch up with one of my roommates from college, Amy, and meet her husband Paul. My parents, RyAnn, Nate, and Brock were there to meet us. It was so much fun seeing Caleb's face as he saw everyone. Brock was so excited to see Caleb. According to Brock, Caleb's name for the moment is, "KayKay" (That's how it sounds. Not sure how to spell it).

Monday, December 26th -- Monday morning, we celebrated Christmas with my parents, RyAnn, Nate, and Brock. I have to admit to having fun spending the night before we celebrated Christmas with my parents. I almost felt like a little girl again, going to bed with the realization that they would be preparing Christmas after we headed upstairs. After lunch, RyAnn, my Mom, Josiah and I shopped a little.

Tuesday, December 27th -- This was family picture day. We went to Shelton's and our entire family was in the picture. I was pleased with how smoothly it all went, even with two sleepy little ones. We never did get Josiah to smile his big smile, but he wasn't crying. After pictures, my Mom, Dad, Kerry, Caleb, Josiah, and I went bowling. There is a smoke free bowling alley nearby which is great. Caleb loved bowling for 2 hours straight. Then we enjoyed some Texas barbecue.

Wednesday, December 28th -- We enjoyed a relaxed morning of sleeping late. Nana and Caleb went to Six Flags while Kerry, Josiah and I ran a few errands. Caleb's favorite ride at Six Flags was the Shock Wave. What a brave Nana Caleb has to ride the Shock Wave with him.

Thursday, December 29th -- If Six Flags wasn't enough, Grandaddy took Caleb to the Fort Worth Zoo. Once again, Caleb had a great time! I know he enjoyed the one on one time with Nana and Grandaddy. We were able to see the proofs of our family pictures. It took us a long time to decide on which pictures to order since they all turned out so well. I was amazed at how well they turned out when we had 9 people in the picture, three being children.
We left for Granny's house in East Texas after dinner. Caleb was so exited to see Granny and Josiah seemed pleased to be fussed over as well.

Friday, December 30th -- We celebrated Christmas with Granny on Friday morning. Then we went out for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in Longview and did a little shopping. Also, Josiah rolled over from his back to his stomach on this day. Kerry saw him roll over once sometime in December at our house, but I did not see it and it didn't happen again until now. Now he rolls all over the floor. He will no longer stay in one spot on a quilt. He is quickly off of it.

Saturday, December 31st -- On Saturday, we went to see Uncle Brian, Aunt Kim, Joshua, Abigail, Morgan, and Elizabeth at their farm. Caleb had a blast! Caleb and Josiah got to ride horses for the first time. I think Caleb would have ridden for hours. Joshua drove Caleb around on the four-wheeler. Caleb didn't want to stop. He was constantly on the go the entire day. I think he was asleep as soon as he sat down in the car. We arrived back at my parents close to 10:00pm and relaxed.

Sunday, January 1st -- We went back to our old church on Sunday. Everyone was excited to see Kerry and wanted to know how we were enjoying California. After our busy week, Caleb was pretty shy on Sunday. We all enjoyed taking Sunday afternoon naps. It rarely happens that both boys are asleep at the same time during the day.

Monday, January 2nd -- Monday was nice and slow paced. Josiah and I went over to RyAnn's house for the morning through lunch. Caleb and Kerry went to the airport to get a few things done. That evening, we left Josiah for the first time. Caleb and Josiah stayed with Nana and Grandaddy along with Brock. Kerry and I went to dinner at Texana, another of my favorites, and did a little window shopping. When we got back, we found that the boys had done well, but that Josiah refused the bottle. I had been pumping all week for the occassion, but Josiah wanted nothing to do with it. Fortunately, I had nursed Josiah several times close together during the day and right before we left, so he wasn't that hungry. But as soon as I came in he was ready to nurse.

Josiah is really starting to stare at food this past week. He has grabbed my cup several times. At six months we will start him on rice cereal and gradually introduce foods. We did give him a sippy cup the other day with water in it for him to explore. He managed a few sips and had this shocked look on his face of what he had just tasted. He preferred just chewing on it.

We still have a few more people to see before we leave on Friday. I know Kerry is ready to get back to California, but I've really enjoyed our visit. It's been nice and relaxing. Did I mention that we're getting spoiled as well?

No comments: