Saturday, January 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Aunt RyAnn and Josiah at the aiport

Josiah and Nana at the airport

Brock at the airport (he's walking everywhere)

RyAnn, Br0ck, Grandaddy, Josiah, Nana, Caleb, and
Me (Stephanie) (Kerry took the picture)

We made it back to California last night safe and sound. My parents, sister, and Brock took us to the airport. Flying on an airplane doesn't make Texas seem as far away as it could be. The boys did great on the airplane. They slept pretty much the entire way. This was Josiah's 5th flight in five months. Since they slept almost 3 hours, they were both ready to play when we got home. Caleb was super excited to see Bailey, our big golden retriever, and Josiah was ready to roll all over the floor. I tried to unpack a little but found I was just too tired.

Today has been spent buying groceries, unpacking, and attempting to take down Christmas decorations. My ideal plan would be to have everything done by tomorrow night, but I know that won't happen. I will settle to have it completed by the end of the week, complete with going through old toys and finding homes for the new toys. I know some people do not like traveling during the holidays, but I found it very relaxing. I didn't even get stressed when we came back with two more suitcases than we left with.

I have to include a story of Caleb from today. Tonight after reading books and saying prayers, he layed down pretty fast to go to sleep. Normally, he likes to talk for awhile. While laying there with him, Josiah began to fuss, and I went to get him. When I got back, Caleb rolled towards me with his eyes closed and said, "Mom, can I ask you something?" I said, "Sure, what is it?" His voice sounded completely normal and I thought he was still awake. Then he says, "Mom, settle down." And that was it. He never opened his eyes or said another word. I kept waiting to see a smile come across his face or for his eyes to open. I assume he was talking in his sleep. I know he will find it humorous when I tell him about it in the morning.

I'm waiting on the pictures of Caleb and Josiah riding horses and will post those when I get them. For now, I will post a few others from our trip.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. Sounds likes the trip home was fun, relaxing, and enjoyable...the perfect time.

I love reading your posts...keep them coming! (especially love the pictures)