Wednesday, February 15, 2006

In the Air


Josiah and Caleb on the airplane

Last Friday night, I became pretty homesick for my family and told Kerry how I was feeling. After talking it through, I felt that I could probably make it until about April to come back to Texas. However, I was not expecting some very nice people from our church to pull together their resources so that the boys and I could go visit my family in Texas. So, we flew in yesterday and surprised my sister at her birthday dinner. It was so hard to keep it a secret. She called me while I was on the airplane and left a message wondering where I was. She called my mom asking if she had heard from me. I talked to her when we landed and tried to make up a good story of why I didn't call her back earlier. Then she wanted to come over to my parents' house before dinner, and my mom finally told her she had to go pick her up one more birthday surprise. And she was surprised! I really love surprising people! The boys and I plan on enjoying a week of relaxing with not much going on. And then we will enjoy flying back home to see Daddy and Bailey.

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

It was the best surprise I have ever gotten!

Megan said...

I have always wanted to pull of a surprise like this! That is so fun.