Friday, March 31, 2006

Just the Four of Us (and Bailey)

Last night marked the first night we have been together as a family alone since the night before Kerry left for Sri Lanka. I have to admit, it felt kind of weird and very quiet. I was able to actually sit down for a few minutes last night and just relax. As much as I enjoyed all the company, it is nice to get back into a routine, at least for a few weeks. March was definitely a busy month for us.

Josiah turned 8 months on the 26th of March. It's hard to believe he is already 8 months. He continues to pull up on everything and now can get back down without falling. Occassionally, he will let go while still standing but immediately plop back down on the ground. He still is not eating much. However, he has started eating cheerios and other finger food. If I put small bites on his plate, he will attempt to get them in his mouth. This week, he tasted potatoes and green peas. I think he will probably transition straight to table food. He still doesn't have much interest in the sippy cup, but enjoys playing with it.

Caleb has enjoyed all the friends staying at his house. He has been on overload at a few points due to exhaustion. Overall, I was very pleased with how well he did with others coming in and playing with his toys. He has always been a great sharer. School has continued even through our busy schedule. He has been a real trooper.

Now it's time to start thinking about Easter and Caleb's birthday. I already have Josiah's Easter outfit, but need to look for Caleb something (with his help of course). I have a few more weeks. I still can't decide what to do for Easter this year. We have always had lunch with my family and had an Easter egg hunt. With Kerry's Easter schedule, I'm not sure what Easter will look like. I would like to feel like we had an Easter though. Our Christmas meal lasted 10 minutes before Kerry had to leave. I'm hoping Easter will be better than that. That's all I have for now.

No comments: