Monday, March 27, 2006

A Nice Visit

I meant to write yesterday, but time got away from me. RyAnn and Brock went home yesterday afternoon. It was soooo good to have them here for a visit. On Saturday, we were able to take the boys to the beach. I was happy to see that Brock enjoyed the beach. He would have chased Caleb right into the waves if RyAnn had not caught him. I don't see how boys manage to stay warm in such cold water. Brock was shivering, but he did not want to leave.

Sunday found us trying out a new zoo. It was extremely small, but the park that it was in was worth the trip. Caleb and Brock went on pony/horse rides. We also enjoyed a nice picnic. The weather was just right. After Sunday naps, we went to church with plans to take a few pictures of the boys. I think I got a few good ones on my camera. I didn't use the digital camera, so the pictures will have to wait. Our night ended with Josiah throwing up at dinner!

RyAnn was so nice to help me clean my house, since we had friends coming to stay with us after her visit. I could not have gotten the house ready without her. I will return the favor on my next visit to Texas. We started school back up today and Caleb got done rather quickly knowing that he had friends to play with when he was finished. We don't have much on plan for this week except for helping our friends get settled in their house out here in California. They are waiting for their things to arrive from Texas along with being able to move into their house.

I am so thankful that God has blessed us with a house that has room for overnight guests. I enjoy having people in our home and the space for it. I look forward to using our house as God sees fit. It's always exciting to see what God has in store for our lives.

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

We had so much fun! Miss you guys already! Brock has been very fussy today without his cousins!

bartleywedgies said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We had one day of really sunny, beautiful weather and it made us so ready for the summer and water!!! I guess since we no longer have an ocean, we will settle for the lakes around here. I will get some pics off soon to you - Kelsie has been sick since Tues. and home so I haven't had a chance to run to the post office. have a good weekend.