Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Play Ball!

Caleb had his first t-ball game of the season today. I have to admit I was a very proud Mom. Personally, I think he has a natural talent and a future in baseball if he so desires. In little league, each player has to play one inning in the outfield and one inning on the bench (if there are that many players). Caleb played 1st base, 3rd base, and right field. If they were counting outs, he would have made 4 outs and tried to help make a few more. Each player gets to hit during each inning. Caleb hit it into the outfield 3 out of four times, and the fourth was so close to being in the outfield (right on the line). At the end of the game, the coach sat the boys all on the bench and explained that after each game, he would give the game ball to one player. The player who receives it is one who he sees working the hardest and behaving the best. My son got the first game ball! I was so excited for him. It has the date on it, his coaches name, team name, and division. In the car, he told me that the game ball would be for decoration only, that he would put it up in his room to look at. It's now sitting on his shelf. I can hardly wait for his next game!

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

What a little Super Star! I can't wait to see him in action myself! I will remembe my camera to take pictures of him!

RyAnn said...

Caleb- Only 16 more sleeps until RyRy and Brock will be in California!