Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This is for Pappy


Pappy -- picture taken on December 25, 2000

I was getting ready today when I started thinking about the month of March. And that's when I realized that Pappy's birthday had come and gone and I didn't even realize it. Pappy, my dad's dad, was the one I cared for the last four years of his life on a daily basis. He brought joy into my life every day. His smile alone could make your day better. He taught Caleb and I how to be a servant to others and that's something I will never forget. I am sad that Josiah will never know him in person, but his legacy will live on. It's been a little over a year since he past away. In a way, it seems like a life time ago, but on some days, I still think of loading the boys in the van and going to take care of him. I could write pages upon pages about Pappy, and I actually started this post with that plan. But after thinking about it, I decided to share those memories on another day. This post is dedicated to Pappy and the love he shared even at the very end of his life.

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

That is a great picture of Pappy. He was so wonderful, and he smiled that big smile up until his very last days. I wish too that Brock would have been able to know Pappy. We miss you Pappy!

GW said...

It was a delight for Pappy to have both grand-girls close to him. He looked forward to your visits. Steph I think he was disappointed to see Saturday come because he wouldn't see you and Caleb. But Sunday he would see everyone.

I consider it a special blessing that God allowed us to keep him in our home for his last years.