Saturday, April 15, 2006

An Early Easter


Josiah's first Easter -- getting ready to look
in his Easter basket


Daddy, Caleb, Mommy, and Josiah
(the best of the family pictures)


Caleb with his Easter basket

Since Kerry has about 6 church services tomorrow, we decided that today would be a better day to celebrate Easter as a family. Friday night while Kerry was at Easter service number 3, the boys and I painted and dyed our Easter eggs. I have to admit that I look forward to dying Easter eggs each year. I've only missed a couple of years in my 29 years of life much to my sister's dismay. Today, we had a late breakfast at IHOP. It was packed! I could not believe how many people were there. Once we got home, we got ready, took pictures, let the boys look in their baskets, and had a quick Easter egg hunt. This is the third year in a row that an outside egg hunt didn't work out due to rainy weather or muddy yards. After the egg hunt, we headed to church (2:30pm service) to take a few pictures around the campus before the service actually began. The sun started to come out about this time as well. Since I ruined the digital camera, I was eager to see how the pictures turned out. So, I dragged Caleb and Josiah to Walmart and dropped the pictures off. We went to Wendy's and then our pictures were ready. Some of them turned out so good! I really like my old camera. I just wish I could see the pictures as I take them. The boys and I are now home and are looking forward to unwinding tomorrow after a long but fun day here.

No comments: