Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's Been Fun!

This weekend has gone by so fast. We have enjoyed having Nana here with us, even if it was for a short time. On Friday, I had a few errands to run; so, Nana, Caleb, and Josiah came too. After lunch and a few errands, we took the boys to the park. Caleb was having a blast until he got a splinter in his hand. I didn't over react, but I knew it needed to come out. I did not fair too well trying to get it out. Since we were close to the church, I had to call Kerry and get him out of a meeting in order for him to help me with the splinter. Caleb was just fine after it came out. When Daddy got home, Nana, Josiah and I ran to the mall to finish up for Caleb's birthday. I also got a few treats from my Mom as well. It's nice to be taken care of! When we got back late, I had a cake to decorate and my Mom helped with the cupcakes for the t-ball game.

Saturday started out with Caleb's t-ball game. He played hard like always. After the game, he was so ready to go home and open presents. He could wait no longer. He got a lot of nice things. I think is favorite was the Roboraptor and his baseball stuff. Caleb played hard for most of the early afternoon. Since we had church that night, I knew he needed to rest. He wasn't much for it, but he needed some quiet time. After relaxing the rest of the afternoon, we went to church that evening.

Today has been busy as well. Nana treated Caleb to Chuck E. Cheese for games. We then went to McDonalds for a late lunch where Caleb slipped and hit his head on the table. There were tears, but he was feeling better soon. We then went to IKEA. This was my first trip to IKEA. I have to admit that it was pretty fun. Caleb even enjoyed checking out the children's section and the kitchen area. The rest of the day has been spent just enjoying being at home.

Through all of this, Josiah has been great! His personality is coming alive. It seems like overnight, he has started eating food, but only if he can do it himself. He will close his mouth up tight if someone tries to feed him. But if you put it in front of him, he will try it. Drinking from a cup is still a challenge, but he loves to try. We have one cup that he does well with (not spill proof) and I can't find another one like it. I think he will be walking in the next month, two at the latest. And he has really enjoyed Nana's visit. He can even say Nana. He now knows Dada, Bubba, Mama, Nana, and maybe Bailey (the dog). He puts a B with an A and it sounds different than Bubba. He loves to clap when we cheer for him. He has also started trying to wave. He's growing up fast!

Caleb turns six tomorrow. I will post some pictures tomorrow of him through his six years of life. It's hard to believe that at this time six years ago, I was in the hospital two hours away from delivering him. Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

RyAnn said...

Happy Birthday KK! We love you!

RyRy and Brock