Monday, April 17, 2006

A Perfect Mother's Day

After much consideration, I have finally decided what the best present my family could give me this year. I want a day without feeling responsible for everything that goes on at home. So, my ideal day would look a little like this. I would wake up somewhere around 9:00am with a hot breakfast waiting for me or just beginning. Then I would like to lay in bed and watch a movie or read a book while Kerry entertains the kids while knowing that Josiah will still need me quite a bit. Then I would like lunch picked up somewhere without having to think of getting it ready or mentioning going to get lunch. After lunch, when Josiah is down for a nap, I would like to spend some time scrapbooking. Then I would like my two oldest boys to prepare dinner for us. After dinner, I would want the dishes all cleaned or put in the dishwasher. Then I would go take a nice relaxing bath and take a book along with the knowledge that Josiah would want to take a bath too at some point. Or maybe Kerry could put the boys in the other bathroom while I'm enjoying mine. Then I would like to see Kerry help the boys get their toys picked up from the day. Before bedtime, I would enjoy relaxing on the couch watching tv or playing a game with the family. And then Kerry would help put Caleb to bed and I would snuggle with Josiah and we would drift off to a pleasant almost uninterrupted sleep. I can think of no better gift this year. I will even wait for the perfect day since Sundays are not the best days for our family. I will even agree to have the laundry done and house picked up before the day begins.

Do you know what the best part is? Kerry has agreed to giving me this gift. I am so looking forward to it. There's just something so relaxing knowing I'm not completely in charge of the house for a day. Now if I can only make myself relax on that day and not try to get other things done.

No comments: