Friday, May 05, 2006

A Doctor Visit for Two

Yesterday I took the boys for their check ups. Caleb had his six year check up and Josiah had his ninth month check up. I thought it would be easier if I took care of both visits at one time. Since this was Caleb's first visit to the doctor since we have been out here, we were both not too sure of everything that would happen at a six year old check up. The first thing he had to do was give them a urine sample. By the way, this was my first check up with both boys without Daddy present. After the urine sample, both boys were weighed and measured. Caleb was 47 inches (75th percentile) tall and weighed 52 pounds (80th percentile). Josiah was 28 and 3/4 inches (75th percentile) tall, weighed 22 pounds, 11 ounces (80th percentile) and had a head circumferance or 18 and 3/4 (90th percentile). Caleb did not have a 9 month check up, so I can't compare the two. I did check and at Caleb's one year check up he weighed 22 pounds, 15 ounces and was 30 and 1/8 inch tall. Then the doctor came in. Both boys looked just fine. The doctor did suggest that Caleb try to have a breakfast with more protein in it. Anything would be a step up from the chocolate poptart he had for breakfast that morning. Chocolate poptarts aren't our normal breakfast food. It's just that it's grocery day today. I thought that would be the end of our visit except for Josiah's shots, but I was wrong. They have a new vision test for babies. Josiah did fine. And then Caleb had his eye and hearing tests. He did great on both. Then came the dreaded shots. I was all prepared for a lot of crying, but I was wrong. The same baby who cried because he couldn't crawl out the door of our room did not make one sound when the shots were given. I was in shock! I was glad it was all over. Even though both boys did great, it wore me out!

No comments: