Tuesday, May 02, 2006
For My Husband
I spend most of my time on this blog sharing the happenings of our two children. However, tonight this post is for my husband, Kerry. I want him to know what a wonderful person, husband and father he is. So, I have compiled a list of things that I love about him.
Reasons that I love you!
1. You are a brother in Christ.
2. You're relationship with Christ is the most important thing in your life.
3. You are doing what God has called you to do.
4. You are a wonderful provider for our family.
5. You are there when I need you. (example: I called you in the middle of a meeting and you stepped out of it to help me get the splinter out of Caleb's finger)
6. You love me.
7. You love our two boys.
8. You play in the backyard with Caleb.
9. You are teaching our boys to be men of integrity.
10. You let me cry.
11. You listen.
12. You call me during the day just to check on us.
13. You let me be the mother I have always wanted to be and don't pressure me to leave our boys.
14. You snuggle up with Caleb when he needs you at night (not all Dad's would do that).
15. You don't mind that Josiah needs his Mommy almost all the time right now.
16. You play with Josiah as long as he enjoys it.
17. You stayed up at church tonight so I could go to a meeting but have Josiah close by for when he needed to be fed. (I know you were tired)
18. You don't mind that I'm a picky eater.
19. You make me feel safe wherever we are, even on the street next to the Wendy's on our way home from our trip this weekend.
20. You let me homeschool Caleb.
21. You let me go back to Texas when I'm feeling homesick for family.
22. You stand up for what is right.
23. You are a man of integrity.
24. You are straightforward and give me a straight answer even if it's not what I wanted to hear but needed to hear.
25. You know what I would say here, but that I don't want to put it on the blog.
26. You don't hesitate to help a friend in need.
27. You are a great leader.
28. You never meet a stranger.
29. You don't complain when I sleep late.
30. You cook good bacon.
31. You are good with outdoor stuff such as camping, hiking, etc.
32. You are selfless.
33. You let me pick out my own presents and don't have a problem with that.
34. You are patient.
35. You take out the trash.
36. You don't complain when I say we're having hamburgers or sandwiches again for dinner.
37. You love your Mother.
38. You love my family.
39. You bring me joy.
40. You are the best husband any girl could ever ask for!
I LOVE YOU!! I CARE FOR YOU!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!