Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Calm Week

This past week has been so uneventful that I didn't have much to write about. Baseball is over for the season, so there are no updates to be given. Caleb will finish up his last week of first grade this week. He is so excited! I didn't think that he would get the end of the year excitement being homeschooled, but it's there as much as if he were in a school setting. He is ready and proud to be called a second grader. I don't know if I'm ready to have a second grader though. I guess I better get ready.

Josiah has become our paper machine. Several times a day I end up finding some sort of paper in his mouth. It's easy to find since his big brother loves art work. He is so close to becoming an official walker which means I better start looking for him some shoes. He can take up to 4 or 5 steps without falling down. He never gets discouraged and tries and tries over and over again.

Friday night we had small group. Josiah crawled up the stairs (one of his favorite things to do) and played with Caleb and two older girls for almost an hour. For those of you who don't know Josiah well, that is a record. Saturday, I got to clean the entire house. Even though I was exhausted by the end of the day, it felt so nice to have the house all clean on one day.

Tonight found us at church. I served for the first time in the children't ministry here at church. It was wonderful to get back to one of my passions in life, working with infants. What made it even better was that Josiah was in my class. He did great by the way. I am looking forward to serving and getting to know all the precious little ones in my class as well as their parents. I even met some Baylor grads tonight. As an added bonus, Caleb seemed to have the most fun he's had in Bible Study tonight. That's good to know since this now will be our regular church time.

No comments: