Monday, June 19, 2006

What Makes My Dad Special?

I'm a day late, but I still wanted to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day over the blog. Here is why he is so special to me.

1. I was born on his birthday, July 16th.
2. He was very patient as I was growing up.
3. He made time for my sister and I when we were young.
4. He modeled what I wanted in a future mate: patience, kindness, taking out the trash without being reminded, a believer in Christ, a hard worker.
5. He drove to Waco at 10:00 at night when I was in college and I called home in tears saying I needed him to come.
6. He was with me when I prayed to receive Christ.
7. He would take me golfing.
8. He never complains about all the girl stuff, especially when the bathroom had make up all over the counters.
9. He loves his 3 grandsons and spending time with them.
10. He loves my Mom.
11. He set boundaries while we were growing up.
12. He showed how to care for an aging parent (with help from Mom).
13. He loves me.
14. He does his best at everything he sets out to do.
15. He introduced me to my husband, Kerry.
16. He's the best Dad a girl could ask for.

I love you Dad!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I am really late reading this, but I am appreciative of all the nice things you see in me. I feel that one of God's special blessings to me was to be given the opportunity to raise you and RyAnn. I love you very much.

Dad