Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NO CRYING PLEASE!!

This weekend, I am headed back to Texas with Josiah to celebrate my 30th birthday on Sunday. My Dad and I share the same birthday and we have only been apart fo 2 of those years: a youth choir trip and my honeymoon. When making plans for me to go back to Texas, I asked Caleb if he wanted to go with me and Josiah or stay with Daddy. He quickly chose to stay with Daddy. I explained that he would not be able to change his mind once the day got here. As of last week, he was so excited to be staying with Daddy.

And then yesterday happens. I've tried not to talk much about the trip, but I was going over our week with him. He broke down in tears saying he had changed his mind and could we get him a ticket. I explained that the tickets this close to the date would cost way too much money. He proceeded to tell me that he was going to tell Daddy that he didn't want me to go, that I had to stay here. He has also said that he was going to hold onto me from now on and never let go of me again. All of these things are breaking my heart. I leave very early Saturday morning, so early that I'm hoping he might still be sleeping in the car when we get to the airport. He has told me he is going into the airport and that he is going to cry. I guess this is one of those times children get to experience natural consequences. He said he didn't want to go, so he is staying with Daddy. I just don't want to walk through security hearing my six old crying for me. Please say a prayer for Caleb. We've never been apart for two sleeps before. He even stayed in the hospital with us when Josiah was born. He's taken a few one night camping trips with Daddy and had a blast. But he was the one going on the adventure.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

oh how hard it is to be a parent sometimes- to want to just scoop your child up and "fix" whatever is hurting them even if it is a decision they have made and then after time rethought! I will not only be praying for Caleb, but for you as well-

RyAnn said...

Can't wait to see you! Caleb-You are going to have so much fun with Daddy! I bet yall will get to do so very special things together. Have Fun!

granny said...

Leaving a child you feel needs you, is difficult for the parent at any age,whether 6 or 35! We'll pray; you have a wonderful time making "memories"!