Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Updates on the Boys and Baby Mackey

I wanted to give a little update on how all of our little ones are doing:

Caleb will start homeschooling second grade next week. He is very excited and wants to go ahead and start so that he can finish and be in third grade. I'm glad he's motivated. Last year towards the end of school, we started a chart system for good behavior and hard work. When the chart was filled with stickers, he got to go to Chuck E. Cheese. He definitely is ready to earn another trip to Chuck E. Cheese and hopefully he will get to go a few times this year. Currently, Caleb is our bug lover. He is very into the catch and release idea. He will catch anything I need him to as long as he can return it outside alive. This year, I'm going to attempt to turn over the responsibility of keeping his room clean to him. I think he will do great and I will help with vacuuming and dusting from time to time. It's sometimes hard in my mind when I know how I want something to look and he has his ideas. His walls are covered with drawings that he has posted all over his room. He loves it and that's what's important.

Josiah is walking everywhere. He's been walking for a couple of months, but now he is pretty steady. He is starting to understand certain things we ask him and he will either shake or nod his head. He still loves paper, but now he will take it out of his mouth part of the time when I catch him at it. He loves the word, "Hi" and will hold up anything that resembles a phone. He loves to be outside and is happier on the go. The past two nights he has not nursed at night and that is a big accomplishment for him. I'm not sure it will last, but I'm trying to make sure he's well fed during the day. I've never wanted to push weaning at night (still nursing during the day), and I'm so glad to see he's doing it on his own. He's still very vocal and doesn't like to sit still for long. He is also known for his climbing abilitiy. He will try to climb on anything.

Baby Mackey appears to be doing well. I am currently 11 weeks, 5 days according to the sonogram. According to it, my due date is March 8th, 2007. We were able to hear the heartbeat today. That's always exciting when you can hear the heartbeat for the very first time. I'm feeling pretty good as long as I eat. I do get tired and tend to go to sleep earlier than normal and eat more often. Other than that, everything is great!

1 comment:

Panda-Mom said...

Hey! The pics of the boys are just handsome as can be!!! Very crispy clean little boys! You sound like things are going pretty well. We will keep you in our prayers throughout this pregnancy. Say hi to your hubby for us. : )