Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter

Late last night, we heard the news via television that Steve Irwin, a.k.a. The Crocodile Hunter, died yesterday. Kerry and Caleb were watching the news when Caleb came upstairs to tell me. Steve Irwin and his family have become familiar names in our household. Caleb loves watching animal planet and Steve's videos. I normally don't get so caught up in a well known family, but Caleb thinks they are so cool. It broke my heart to watch Caleb tonight as he was holding back his emotions. Once Daddy told him it was okay to be sad, he started crying. Bless his heart! Our prayers go out to Terry, Bindy, and Bob and the rest of their family.

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I just found this out today!! How horrible.

GRANNY said...

Caleb, I was sad and cried when I saw the news of Steves death. It's O.K. to cry. We will miss him.

Kristen said...

We were sad around our house too -- Sam loves his show, but so do me & Kevin.

Panda-Mom said...

We couldn't believe it because he was so young! Tell Caleb that he is just showing that he cared about someone. : )

Panda-Mom said...

We couldn't believe it because he was so young! Tell Caleb that he is just showing that he cared about someone. : )

Phil Waugh said...

Stephanie,
I know this may not be appropriate but I didn't know how else to get in touch with you. I received an email from Kerry, and was curious as to how the family was doing and it looks like it is doing well and growing by leaps and bounds.
Its good to make contact with you and hope to stay in touch.

Phil Waugh
Covenant Marriage Movement
phil@covenantmarriage.com