Tuesday, October 31, 2006

That Nesting Thing

I go through nesting phases when I become pregnant. With Caleb, I came home about a month and a half before he was born with paint and border after we had decided on just paint. Poor Kerry, he had to do all the painting himself. I helped a little with the border. Since I was working full time, I didn't have as much time to nest as I did with Josiah. I did do a lot of nesting while at school though. I had all of my lesson plans made and activities all ready, materials purchased, etc. before Caleb was born. I guess that would count too. Josiah's was much worse. I think I started nesting before I even knew I was pregnant. I tore down the wallpaper in the half bath and the kitchen (a major undertaking). We also painted the half bath, guest bedroom, kitchen, and family room. On top of that, I received an antique roll top desk from a family member that required some fixing up. Once again, Kerry got to do a lot of these jobs.

And now with pregnancy three, I'm starting to experience that nesting thing again. Saturday afternoon, I decided I wanted to redo Caleb's closet, not just rearrange clothes and toys. I took the book shelf and rod completely down. I took the boys to Lowe's to get a new rod and shelf. Kerry had the privilege of having to put up everything once he got home. I have to say I'm pleased with the results. Caleb can actually reach his own clothes now. If my wonderful husband only knew the ideas I have in my head, he would be really really tired just thinking about them. I would love to redo Josiah's closet, our closet, repaint almost the entire house, and I'm sure a few other things. I can handle painting with the windows all open. I will definitely need help with the closets though. I'm not good at finding the studs in the walls. I'll keep everyone posted on my nesting as this pregnancy continues.

No comments: