Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend with Nana


Caleb and Nana getting ready to play laser tag


Josiah with Nana at Boomers


Caleb climbing

What a busy weekend! Nana flew out to visit us on Friday morning. I am not a morning person, but I used it as a good reason to go eat at Chick-fil-a for breakfast. We picked my mom up at the airport, ate breakfast, and then kept moving the entire weekend. Friday morning, we spent shopping. Nana got a very good start on Christmas presents for the boys at Toys R Us. Caleb is getting to that age that it's hard to shop for him at times. So, he pointed out things he really liked and when he wasn't looking, we put it in the basket. We enjoyed lunch at home and a little rest time before we went to my midwife appointment. Currently, I am about 18 weeks pregnant. Everything looked good. Friday evening, Nana decided that Caleb needed a new lizard to replace Mark. Unfortunately, lizards are very expensive and some are pretty time consuming. Mommy and Daddy said no to the low maintenance $60 lizard that would need another $50 worth of stuff to add to the $60 we spent just that week on Mark. Caleb was heartbroken.

Saturday found Kerry and Caleb at an antique car show and free breakfast while Nana, Josiah and I went to the mall to do some serious shopping. Nana was able to pick up more things for Christmas and a few treats for now. That evening, Nana and I took the boys to Boomers. Both of the boys had a blast. Josiah enjoyed being outside and Caleb loved riding go carts, playing laser tag with Nana, rock wall climbing, and miniature golf. We were all very tired by the time we got home.

Sunday found us squeezing in a little more fun. We took the boys to the Pumpkin Patch at Tanaka Farms. Going to the pumpkin patch is one of my favorite things to do each year. I know my children won't want to go forever so I'll enjoy it while I can. After finding the perfect pumpkins, we went to lunch and fit in just a little more shopping before we had church that night. The boys were getting pretty tired by the end of the night, but we still rented movies for the night and brought Mexican food home for dinner. Yum!

Now it's the end of Monday. Josiah and I woke up early and took Nana to the airport -- another excuse for Chick-fil-a breakfast. When we got home, Kerry and Caleb didn't even know we had been gone. I felt bad that Caleb didn't even get to say goodbye and that Josiah was sound asleep when we dropped Nana off at the airport. But we are very thankful for the short but sweet time we got to spend with Nana.

No comments: