Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Week 25

Well, I'm in my 25th week of pregnancy. Part of me feels like it has gone by really fast and another part of me feels like I have been pregnant forever. I'm sure the forever part has to do with being pregnant with Josiah, nursing him and then finding out I was pregnant all the while still nursing Josiah up until a couple of months ago. I'm sure a little of it also has to do with not knowing what we are having since that seems to break up the pregnancy between the not knowing and then the knowing.

I'm starting to feel pretty big at this point. I will have Caleb take a picture of me sometime tomorrow or the next day. He's looking forward to the assignment. I never really felt this big with the boys. Maybe it's the new style of maternity clothes, how everything is so fitted. And it's not like I will get smaller during this pregnancy.

I had a wonderful dream last night though. I dreamed I had a 7 pound baby and labor didn't hurt because he/she was so small. I have to admit that both parts of the dream would be really nice, but I'm not expecting either. Caleb was 8 pounds, 12 ounces and Josiah was 9 pounds, 2 ounces. I am committing to no milkshakes when I get depressed about still being pregnant sometime in February. I have it here in writing so hopefully that will keep a few ounces off this baby. I guess I should toss away the cookies during that final month too (won't happen).

Everything else is going well pregnancy related. The baby is moving alot right before I go to bed which is a really special bonding time when everything is quiet. I'm not tired like I was in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I'm tired but the normal everyday tired of raising two boys. I guess I should start thinking about winding the boys down for bed in the next few minutes. Those home made chocolate chip cookies about 20 minutes ago didn't help the winding down process. But they were really good and the boys loved making them!

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

I don't think you should give up the milkshakes. They were such a comfort to me in those last few weeks of pregnancy. And about your dream I hope for you that you have a 7lb baby. O, how I would love to know how that feels! Can't wait until we see you at Christmas! O, and the maternity clothes, they are making them smaller now!

Panda-Mom said...

I am sure that you look absolutely adorable and those chocolate chip cookies are always a good thing! ; ) Enjoy your CA weather right now. In the metroplex we had a high of 75 yesterday and today we had a winter blast that brought ice and snow with an afternoon top out of 29 degrees. It is fun, but it made me miss the Junior League big party at the convention center in Waco that I was going to drive to for my sis-in-law tonight. Pooh. But then PandaPop has come down with a fever this afternoon so I guess I was supposed to be here anyway. Hmph. You know how we have to care for our sweet men! Later...