Saturday, November 18, 2006

Where Is He Now?

Josiah has turned into a monkey over the past few days. I only thought that he was a climber about a month ago. Nothing in his past compares to what he is up to these days. I thought I'd list a few of the places I have found him recently.

*I found him sitting on a shoe rack inside Caleb's closet today.
*He can climb on top of the kitchen table in a flash.
*Multiple times I have found him standing in my sink (he uses the bathtub to climb up onto the sink).
*He loves to stand on the toilet and look at himself in the mirror.
*He climbs on his Fisher Price garage.
*Today, he has been standing ontop of the Huggies diaper box and jumping off into the bean bag chair.
*I watched as he stood on the arm of the chair in the loft and pull one of our school posters down that was supposedly out of his reach.
*Just now I had to get him down off the train table.
*He likes to move his small potty around and stand on it to reach things he otherwise could not reach.
*He also has started standing up in his high chair. I proceeded to put the buckles in place only to find that he is too big for the buckles. That was a little frustrating.
*I'm not even mentioning all the times he climbs on the computer chair or the ottomon (and lunges toward the couch).

Maybe my memory is fading since I can't seem to remember Caleb getting into as much as Josiah seems to get in to. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that he has a big brother and brother has some pretty cool looking toys that he just has to get to. Now it's time to figure out which climbing will be considered acceptable and which will not. And I guess we'll start closing some doors for awhile when we're not using the rooms.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think it must be something about the second boy...Logan is EXACTLY like that, and I know Connor never was! It is crazy! Just today, I found him standing on a chair he dragged to the pantry to get to the Halloween candy. And he was happily eating a lollipop he managed to get open. And seriously, I was only out of the room for a minute! I am fully prepared to take this kid to the emergency room any day now...sounds like you should be prepared, too!