Friday, February 23, 2007

14 Days and Counting!

There are only 14 more days until my due date, 12 until my mom arrives in California to be with us for a couple of weeks. The big question I keep asking myself is: Will this baby stay put until my mom arrives on the 6th of March? I honestly don't know. If I had asked this question to myself last week, I'd say this baby was going to stay put. I had all this energy and was staying so organized. This past week, I have been completely zapped of energy. And the Braxton Hicks contractions that I've had for some time now have increased in frequency. I even thought I was in labor 2 nights ago and stayed up for about 3 hours timing contractions only to have them stop. What fun!

I went to my midwife on Monday and there really isn't much to report. She retested me for the Group B Strep and it was positive. The plan is that I need to try and get 4 hours worth of antibiotics in my system before I deliver. I'm a little nervous about this since I had Caleb in less than 5 hours once we got to the hospital (was not induced). When I was induced with Josiah, he was born in about the same amount of time from the start of pitocin until he was delivered. I do not want to be induced but my biggest fear is that I will wake up in the middle of the night to contractions and not enough time to get to the hospital. I'm curious as to how many people this has happened to, how fast do third babies come, and at what point will I know for sure that it's the real thing? As you can see, I've got plenty of thoughts running through my head. The main thing though is to pray that our baby wil lbe health when he/she is born and that he/she will not be affected by the Group B Strep.

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I will be praying for ya'll! I don't know about a third being fast, but my second just popped right on out!! Be careful!!

RyAnn said...

I wouldn't know, my kids don't like to come out on their own. Love you!

Panda-Mom said...

I CANNOT believe that it is already here!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! ; )

The O'Connell's said...

Counting and praying!!

Kristen said...

I can't believe the time is almost here! I know that you are so excited to meet the newest addition to your family. Enjoy the next few days before you become a family of 5!

RyAnn said...

I think we need a pregnant picture!!