Sunday, March 25, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!


Did I really just have a baby less than three weeks ago? Life seems to have been a whirlwind since we put my Mom on an airplane only last Monday. I thought I'd give an update on each of the boys while I had a few minutes of quiet.

Caleb has turned into a boy sometime this year. Gone is that little boy look and in it's place is all boy. I think losing two baby teeth has a little something to do with it. He still is loving baseball. Today the coach finished with practice but said he'd stay longer if any of the boys wanted to practice some more. Guess who wanted to stay longer? You guessed it. Caleb's hair is getting long. He has no desire to get it cut, but I think I'm going to set up a hair appointment for him anyway. At least maybe we can tame it some. He's blessed with thick hair like me. He loves dressing up for church even though we go on Sunday evenings most of the time and it's pretty casual. I told him I had to have a picture tonight of him dressed looking so nice. I think I should have bought the longer tie. Oh well. When talking about my babies, I refer to him as the baby I always wanted and dreamed of. He'll be seven in a month. Where has the time gone?



Hurray! We finally were able to get a decent picture of Josiah tonight after church! He seems to have grown up in a flash. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with having a newborn in our house. He continues to improve on sleeping better at night. I am so proud of him! I still go to him every time he wakes up but it's getting less and less with each passing week. I cherish our snuggle times at naps and bedtime since I know pretty soon he'll be wanting to snuggle with Daddy like his big brother. Tonight he went to Bible Study alone for the first time. I have been teaching his class which I have loved, but stepped down due to having Levi. I asked him if he wanted to go to class and explained that Mommy wouldn't be coming and he said, "Alright." I had a pager and left my cell phone number in case the pager didn't work with instructions to page me if he started crying. He did great! I know the ladies in there and they are great ladies that I trust will be honest and get me if he needs me. He said he had fun and wants to go again next week. He continues to be wonderful with Levi. He loves giving Levi kisses and has shown no signs of jealousy. He has transitioned so well. I know I repeatedly say that I could not have asked for a smoother transition, but it's the truth. When talking about my babies, I refer to him as our blessing since he wasn't necessarily expected, but he was all in God's timing.



Oh my sweet, sweet Levi! Levi will probably spend a lot of his first year of life in this sling as we make trips to the grocery store and Target, walk around church, and try and keep up with two older brothers. He is such a wonderful baby. He rarely cries unless he's hungry or needs some snuggle time. He loves being held and is such a snuggler. He snuggles perfectly on my chest or right next to me or any other way I position him on my lap. I can hardly wait to see his personality develop. What will he be like a year from now? We'll find out way too soon. When talking about my babies, I refer to him as our bonus baby. He definitely took us by surprise, but what a great surprise he was.


This is one of the outfits on loan from my sister. There is a great benefit in having 5 boys in the family -- we pass clothes around. I love this little outfit which was given to RyAnn from a friend of hers. Just wanted to include a picture of him in it.

*Not that I'm counting, but since Levi's birth, Levi has attended 7 baseball games or practices, been to church 3 times, and made numerous trips to Albertsons, Target and the mall. I know I didn't bounce back this fast after the other two. I think I should slow down but it seems impossible to do with two others that want to be on the go.

3 comments:

RyAnn said...

I can't believe how big Caleb looks. He is getting so old! He looks so handsome in that outfit. Josiah looks so cute! Levi looks so precious! I am so glad that we get to share clothes.

Panda-Mom said...

All your little men look great! You sound like you are busy and blessed. ; )

Denise Tucker said...

Stephanie & Kerry, Congratulations! I started thinking it was about time for your little blessing to be born, so I checked your blog to see another beautiful Mackey baby boy! Levi is a doll. I wish I could see him for myself. I know you both feel extremely blessed by God to have three precious boys. I am very happy for you. Love from Texas, Denise Tucker