Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Happy 7th Birthday, Caleb!!




Caleb turned seven at 2:12am this morning. Where has the time gone? It has been so much fun watching him grow over these past 7 years.

A couple of days ago, Caleb was talking to Levi and mentioned that he understood that Levi loved Mommy very much just like he used to when he was a baby. I teased him for not loving me anymore, but went on to assure him that I understood what he was saying -- that he was growing up and didn't need me like Levi does anymore. He mentioned that we should have a Mommy/Caleb day. When I asked him what he wanted to do, he suggested going to IHOP. Levi was allowed to go since he is still a baby. This morning I woke Caleb up early (before Daddy was supposed to go to work) and we went for a birthday breakfast. It was so nice and calm having some special time with him while Levi slept. We arrived home to find Daddy and Josiah still sleeping.

I can hardly wait to see his face this afternoon when RyAnn, Brock, and Braxton walk through the door. It is going to be so much fun!




3 comments:

Panda-Mom said...

I can't believe it has been SEVEN years since we all sat at On the Border in Arlington with Caleb....and the Bath and Body Works anti-bacterial gel for us all! Love it! ; ) Happy B-day, big guy!

bartleywedgies said...

Happy Birthday Caleb. I cannot believe you are seven years old. It doesn't seem that long ago that you were first born. You are growing up so fast and becoming such a nice young man, a great big brother and good friend. Can't wait to see what God has in store for your future!!! All our love - the Bartleys

Funderstorm said...

Oh, friend. Savor it. I used to just smile at people who would tell me time flies when you're parenting. Now my baby is 12 and starting middle school, right in the middle of puberty with voice changes and body changes and mood changes. It's unbelievable! Time really does fly. Enjoy those breakfasts when you can get them! I'm spending more time in prayer than ever!