Friday, June 08, 2007

Come and Gone


Nana, Josiah and Caleb at the Beach Club


Levi meeting Granddaddy for the first time


Granddaddy, Mommy, Josiah, Caleb, Levi, and Nana

My parents came into town this past Monday. It was so nice to have them here. It was also the first time they have been at our house here in California at the same time. I took Josiah and Levi to the airport with me to meet them. Caleb wanted to hang out with Daddy. Josiah was very excited to see Nana and Granddaddy (pronounced "Gingdaddy" by Josiah). He was a little disappointed that they had rented a car and they weren't riding with us. This was the first time my Dad had seen Levi, so it was a special moment. I dragged my parents shopping as soon as they landed to look for bedding, and early birthday present from them to go on our bed. I found exactly what I was looking for, but I felt really bad when I got us all lost going home since I took us down the wrong street. They were very understanding, and we did make it home finally.

Tuesday, my parents took Caleb and Josiah to Legoland while I finished getting everything ready for Levi's dedication that evening. I was able to run errands and clean the house with time to spare. Levi's dedication went well which I will share in a separate post.

Wednesday was a pleasant day. My Dad had a few meetings while they were in town, but we took time to go to the park and play a little baseball Wednesday morning. After we got home, the boys played in their new swimming pool in the backyard. After lunch, Josiah enjoyed a nice, long nap. After dinner, my parents and I went shopping along with Josiah and Levi. Caleb chose to hang out with Daddy at the house. We had a successful shopping trip.

Thursday, my Mom and I took the boys shopping, ate lunch out, and went to the Beach Club to swim. I learned while at the Beach Club that Josiah has no fear of the water. I will not be able to take the boys swimming without help this summer. I'm glad we bought the little pool for the backyard. At least they can enjoy that while Kerry is at work. Thursday night, Rockbridge Seminary held its graduation at our church. One of the reasons my parents came out to California was because of the graduation. The boys and I came up after the graduation to enjoy the desserts.

Today, Nana and Granddaddy took us to lunch before heading back to Texas. It's been a wonderful visit and we will miss them until we see them again.

Tonight, we had the WOW Awards at church. They boys had their first babysitter ever. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but the girl that stayed with them is someone Josiah adores. Her name is Katie and her brother played on the same baseball team that Caleb was on. Katie played with Josiah almost every game which helped me out so much. I think it would have been a complete success had Josiah not fallen and busted his lip. I was so proud that Katie did not hesitate to call me and let me know what happened and that Josiah was asking for me. He had stopped fussing by the time I got there (15 minutes later) but was very emotional in the car. It didn't help that I forgot to bring his drink and pacifier along. He was so tired and was crying because Katie was leaving and crying because he thought I was leaving again. He fell asleep soon after we got home. It's a little past 10:00pm and all the boys are sound asleep in my room. Kerry is still at the WOW Awards as we speak. I think I will soon be sound asleep like my three precious boys.

1 comment:

ColoradoDreaming said...

What great pictures and memories you are building. I miss my grandmother (she adopted me so she was my mom) so much. I miss that she never saw Jenni at all and that she saw JC very little. I miss that she didn't get to see Sami grow up or Nick. But I think she is watching from above and is as proud as I am of all their accomplishments.