Sunday, July 08, 2007

Fourth of July





We had a very relaxing Fourth of July this year. We were supposed to meet some friends at the park to cook out, let the kids play, and watch fireworks. Sadly, Jessica was sick and they couldn't make it. We decided we would go anyway back to the same place we went last year. We got all of our things set up and the next thing we know, we hear someone asking if they could crash our party. Two families we met up with last year at the same park were coming back again with their small group. One of the families had a son close to Caleb's age and they had fun playing together. There were plenty of younger kids for Josiah to run around with as well.


For some reason, this park isn't crowded. Maybe it's the ants since this is the only place I've ever seen ants out here in California. The good part is we have perfect viewing of several fireworks shows. Once again, Josiah was scared of the fireworks. Josiah, Levi and I sat in a chair while Josiah closed his eyes. Once they were over, he was fine. Maybe next year he will be able to enjoy them. Overall, we had a good time, and I'm glad we didn't choose to stay home. And I love putting my family in matching Fourth of July t-shirts. I know my years are limited, and I'm glad my husband doesn't complain about it.

3 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

I can't think about it, or I will be even more bummed that we weren't able to be there! Next year for sure! I am so glad you guys had fun and met up with friends! And the shirts are awesome!

ColoradoDreaming said...

I got matching shirts for my crew too. They were the Old Navy shirts but only John and Jenni had white ones. I had a navy one, Nick has a gray one and JC got a black one. I wasn't able to get our pictures taken together but that is ok. It was fun anyway.

ColoradoDreaming said...

I wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you! Check it out.