Sunday, August 19, 2007

Finally, an Update!

Nothing overally exciting has happened this past week. We've enjoyed a rather peaceful week at the house just enjoying lazy summer days before starting school back up in a couple of weeks. I thought I'd give an update on what everyone's been doing.


Levi -- Levi is now about 5 and 1/2 months old. I can hardly believe it. He rolls all over the place and he really wants to crawl. I have a feeling he'll be crawling in less than a month, breaking Caleb's record of crawling at 6 and 1/2 months. But if he doesn't that's just fine. I enjoy babying him. Right now he has rolled over next to the computer and found one of the toy drums. He has grabbed the stick and is trying to hit the top. That's kind of hard when he can't sit up yet. He also seems to be very close to saying "mama" especially when he starts to fuss and wants my attention.


Josiah -- He's definitely a 2 year old. He seems to know just how to annoy Caleb. But then he can turn around and be so sweet. He really enjoys singing these days and can easily be redirected if I suggest a song. He still wants to do everything Caleb does. He language continues to explode. He's still struggling a little without his pacifier, or maybe it's me. He doesn't ask for it but occassionally he will sneak one of Levi's into his mouth. The pacifier used to help him wind down at night and now he doesn't have it. I've also noticed that he has started sucking his fingers right as he's about to fall asleep. So, I don't know if taking his pacifier away at this age will have helped in the long run if he ends up liking his fingers. I should have stuck with my mother's instinct and waited until after Christmas and after 2 year old molars have come in. Oh well.


Caleb -- Caleb went to the dentist this past Monday to have the impressions taken to get his expanders. He was super excited about it and to get to choose his "style" for each expander. He's enjoyed learning how to use his boogy board this summer. He may surprise me and end up surfing sometime. He has also decided he needs a skateboard. We have this old skateboard/scooter that we got at a garage sale for $2 and he finally realized if he put the handle down, it was a skateboard. He practices in the backyard and can't wait to save up his money to buy a skateboard and all the protective gear. Baseball season will be starting in few weeks and he's looking forward to that as well.


Kerry -- Kerry's big new is that he got a tatoo. Just for the record, I had nothing to do with it. Of course, the boys think its awesome.

We plan to savor the remaining days of summer by taking it easy at home, swimming at the beach club, and going to the park to play. I've so enjoyed our summer break this year. It was just what I needed in order to gear back up for another year of homeschooling -- this year teaching two boys.

7 comments:

bartleywedgies said...

The boys are growing up! They are precious. I could not believe Kerry's tattoo....I just kept thinking "ouch, that's a big one!" Didn't that hurt? Looks cool though. Sounds like you guys still have some summer left, ours was over today!

ColoradoDreaming said...

Those are great pictures and it sounds like Caleb is going to be into all that fun stuff that boys like to do. Jonathan is like that, he loves anything and everything. Enjoy the rest of the summer! My kids go back on Sept. 4.

The Blake Family said...

It's great to hear what everyone is up to. Thanks for the update. Have fun homeschooling two...what a reward it must be.

Anonymous said...

I personally think the tattoo is the coolest looking piece of are we've have seen in years...

I wonder who left this post?

Anonymous said...

"art" not are

Stephanie said...

I think I can guess who left anonymous post!

Panda-Mom said...

Great. Now PandaPop has even MORE ammunition for getting a tatoo. Thanks Kerry. ; )