Sunday, September 30, 2007

10:00 At Night

Kerry's birthday is tomorrow. As Caleb gets older, our birthday celebrations change for us parents. Caleb and I discussed ahead of time what kind of cake he wanted to make for Daddy. He knew that Daddy needed a chocolate cake with white icing. I would ice the cake and do the trim. He would design the top. Ever since going to the X Games and watching Kyle Loza win the gold medal, Caleb has assumed the Monster Energy drink is pretty cool since it's one of Kyle's sponsors and Daddy likes to drink them. So, at 10:00 tonight, Caleb and I started decorating Daddy's birthday cake. Daddy's cake has a Monster Energy design with I love you dad written on it. Very interesting. Caleb is so excited that he drew the top part of the cake by himself. Daddy realizes how important this is to Caleb so I know he will be excited about the cake tomorrow morning since he was sent upstairs while we finished the cake.

I'm sure our boys will have more and more ideas about our birthdays and Mother's Day and Father's Day. Just knowing it was their idea whatever it is makes it special whether it's something we would have chosen or not. I'm sure we will have stories to tell as the years go by. It's one of the many joys of parenting.

3 comments:

The Blake Family said...

How fun! That must be some cake! Happy Birthday Kerry!

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am sure you did a wonderful job Caleb...can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy your day with your dad!

RyAnn said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the cake!