Saturday, September 29, 2007

Daddy's Home

Kerry arrived home Thursday afternoon. All of the boys were so excited to see Daddy. Caleb had drawn multiple pictures for him. It's always fun to watch the boys run to their Daddy at the airport calling out his name and giving him big hugs. What a welcome home that must be! We've had a pretty normal week/weekend since then. Caleb has a baseball game tomorrow afternoon and then the boys and I will go to church Sunday evening with Kerry.

Having boys has changed my life, especially since mine are all boy. Caleb has been saving his money for the past few months with one thing in mind -- a skateboard. When I was growing up, it appeared that those that skateboarded didn't always make the best choices. It's been a little hard for me to understand why Caleb would want one, but he has been steady in what he was saving his money for. Tonight, he finally had enough money. My seven year old was wearing brown sandals, jeans, black shirt, black knee pads, black elbow pads, black wrist guards, and a black helmet. But you know what, he's the sweetest 7 year old boy I've ever met. He helps around the house, loves his brothers, snuggles with Mommy and Daddy and loves Jesus. I guess God is using Caleb to teach me it's not about what's on the outside but what's on the inside that matters.

2 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

AMEN! God is so good that he would use our children to teach us! I can't wait to see the skate board Caleb!

The Blake Family said...

God is great...isn't he! The plethora of things I've learned from my 11 month old that God has showed me through him are amazing!