Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 2: Without Daddy

CALEB LOSES HIS TOP FRONT TOOTH!
As much as we miss having Daddy around, we've had a pretty good day. Our day started out with something exciting happening. Caleb was taking a bite of his biscuit when his tooth fell out. He was so relieved that his tooth finally came out. For me, it was the reality that he is no longer considered a little boy. Losing those top teeth seems to define that ending time. I'm a little sad, but I won't complain since he still loves to cuddle at night, especially when Daddy is out of town, I get some extra snuggles that he normally saves for Daddy. His other top tooth is loose, and I think he will lose it in the next couple of weeks. I took a close up picture so everyone could see his expanders. They look just like retainers but have a key to turn them. We have to remind him frequently to put them back in after meals or he will forget. I have to remember he is still seven and not seventeen and still needs reminding.



JOSIAH ONLY SCREAMED ONCE TODAY!
Potty training is still going well. We have not had a perfect day yet but he's doing a little better. I on the other hand need to remember to take him to the bathroom when it's been awhile instead of asking him until he gets the hang of it. The great news is that for two weeks he has gone poop on the potty without having any accidents of that kind. I can definitely handle cleaning up the other. Josiah is also our screamer and with no apparent reason. Today was very pleasant seeing that he only screamed once today. Some days, Granddaddy can relate after his visit, he will scream over and over again even when consequences are given. Josiah sang his first complete song last night. Can any one guess what it was?



LEVI SITS ALONE!
Levi just started sitting unassisted on Friday for short periods of time. Even though he has been army crawling for about a month, he's starting to pick up speed. He is realizing that his crawling can take him places. He has started crawling on the tile floor and wood floors in the past couple of days. I'm just glad that he didn't pull up the week after he began crawling like Josiah did. He seems smaller than my other two at this age. I guess we'll find out when we go for his check up next week. I know I say this every time I update, but he's been such a wonderful addition to our family. I love watching his personality develop.

5 comments:

RyAnn said...

They are getting SO big! Can't wait to see you guys soon. Levi and Braxton should be a pair crawling all over the place!

The Blake Family said...

Good to hear that you are doing ok without Kerry. I can relate to those times without a husband/Daddy around! Hope his Mom is doing better. That pulling up thing...it took Jackson about 2 days to figure that out after he started crawling!

The O'Connell Clan said...

Yeah Caleb...your tooth is out! And Josiah, going potty most of the time...great job! And Mr. Levi, you are such an awesome addition to such a wonderful family!

Mandy said...

Wow, daddy leaves and everyone does some amazing stuff. Guess they're just showing off for mommy. Hope you guys are hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

Caleb is still just as cute without that tooth. He is getting so big. He's Nana's oldest grandson!

Way to go to Josiah and Levi too. It appears everyone is doing exciting things. I can't wait for you to get here.
Mom