Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 3: Without Daddy

We're holding up with Daddy out of town. I sometimes think we stay busier when Kerry is gone than when he's home. Today, we had a shortened version of school in the morning but lessons well learned. Then, we headed to the outlets with Jessica and her kids. It seems like every year about this time, I start going through the kids' closets to see what they need. I did very well sticking to my list and came back feeling like I accomplished a lot and got some very good deals. We didn't get everything we needed, but it was a very good start. All five of our children did well. I'm sure us moms could have shopped a little longer, but we realized when our children were finished for the day. We dragged them around for at least three hours with hardly any complaining. The least we could do is realize when they had reached their max. Caleb was such a great help. I don't know what we would have done without him to help chase Josiah and Drew, the two very adventuresome boys.

We got home right around dinner time. We had dinner and then Josiah wanted to brush his teeth and lay down. I think he just wanted some snuggle time with Mommy, because he snuggled for over an hour before falling asleep. I didn't complain and enjoyed the time watching tv and talking with all of my boys. All three boys are asleep and I can barely keep my eyes open. So, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

We had so much fun with you guys and are excited to have some new clothes/shoes! And yes, thank you Caleb for ALL your help!