Saturday, September 08, 2007

Day 4: Yosemite National Park

Wednesday was set aside as our day at Yosemite National Park. One of the things I have always wanted to see were the giant trees I had read about. Even though it was probably the farthest point away from where we entered the park, we knew we couldn't pass up this opportunity. Let me just say, words and pictures can never do these giant sequoias justice. They were truly an amazing site to see. We saw other spectacular sites like Half Dome and El Capitan. I marveled at all of God's creation on this day. I am so glad that my boys appreciate nature and found this day as fun as a day at an amusement park. We arrived at the condo completely exhausted but so glad for the day we had. As we were leaving Mariposa Grove (the giant sequoias), I said to myself that one day I'll be back to the these wonderful trees again. I can't wait!


A picture of Half Dome


Josiah, Levi, Mommy and Caleb with Half Dome in the background


All of us in with Half Dome far in the background


El Capitan


Josiah and Caleb in front of El Capitan


We decided to take a ride on the tram to get a closer view of the giant sequoias without walking. The driver had mentioned that the back seat would be a little bumpy since it wasn't full in the back. We had no idea that his idea of bumpy meant flying out of your seats. I was holding Levi's head close to me the entire time in fear that he might get head or neck injury it was so bad. It also caused Levi a lot of distress and when we made our first stop, we thanked the driver and chose to hike the approximately two miles through the large trees back to our car. It took Levi some time to settle down which is not like him. I felt so bad that we put him through that but we had no idea. The other two thought it was lots of fun getting tossed around.



Can you believe how big these are?






My four boys


Levi putting his feet in the stream


Aren't they cute?


Caleb was disappointed that we didn't let him swim in the water.

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am laughing thinking about the bumpy ride and I can just imagine your face. Ok, I have to stop thinking about it! The picture of the four boys...a treasure! And Kerry and Levi...adorable! Time to scrapbook!