Saturday, September 08, 2007

Family Vacation: Days 1 & 2




I had to add this picture in since I called one of my grandmothers Mamie.



Last Sunday, Kerry and I loaded up our three boys and headed to Mammoth Lakes, California. It was a much needed trip with just the 5 of us. Since moving to California, our trips tend to focus more on going back to Texas which I love. But we also need time away from everything with just us. The boys did great traveling the 6 or so hours in the car. We stopped twice so Levi could eat, get gasoline and drive through McDs for dinner.

Kerry suggested we take it easy on Monday so that we could get used to the mountain air. I'm glad he did. We drove around town and picked up groceries for the week. I was out of breath just walking up the stairs to the condo. While Levi and Josiah napped, Kerry and Caleb went fishing. After dinner, we attempted to watch the sunset, but it was too windy and cold. We were glad to get back to the condo.

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am so glad you guys had fun! Now you have been to where I grew up going on vacations both in winter and summer my whole life!