Saturday, September 22, 2007

Kerry's Mom is Taken to the Hospital


Kerry received a phone call this afternoon from his mom that she was in the hospital in Longview, TX. For the entire story from Kerry's perspective, click here. Words can't express the feeling I had when Kerry told me the news. Kerry's mom has been the best mother-n-law a girl could ask for. She has always supported me 100% when it comes to our family. Even when I was young and selfish and planning a wedding, she just asked how she could be of help. I have to admit that I felt pretty bad knowing that she was home alone when this happened and that we were not there. This is when California is far from Texas. Kerry is now on his way from Arlington to East Texas as I write. We don't know many of the details, but Kerry is staying for several days. Like Kerry said on his blog, we really would like Granny living with us out here, but ultimately that is up to her. Granny, know we love you and really want you with us. Please keep her in your prayers and we'll keep you updated.

I'll write about my dad's visit either tomorrow or Monday. We took my dad to the airport today at noon only to return to take Kerry to the airport several hours later. My parents were wonderful to pick Kerry up at the airport and let him borrow one of their cars. Thanks Mom and Dad for helping out even late at night!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad he is there with her, and glad that it sounds like she is doing better now. Please let us know if you need anything while he is out of town. Love to you guys!

The O'Connell Clan said...

We are praying!