Monday, October 15, 2007

Back from Texas

We're back! The boys and I got back to California Saturday afternoon and have been busy ever since. We had about 45 minutes at home before Kerry took us to watch dirt bikes. I was kind of tired so I can't even remember the name of the event. All I know is that it was a Christian outreach and the boys loved seeing Kyle Loza and some of the other guys so lots of different jumps on their dirt bikes. Sunday, I spent time trying to unpack and then it was time for Caleb's baseball game followed by church. Today, we started school back up, took Levi for his 6 month check up (saving for another post) and have attempted to finish unpacking.

We had such a fun time on our trip! We were busy pretty much everyday, but enjoyed every minute. We arrived in Texas on October 3rd and were greeted at the airport by my mom (Josiah stayed awake the entire time). After dropping off our stuff at my parents' house, we picked Brock up and went for a late dinner.

Morning came quick when we were on the road by 9am (7am California time) and went to San Antonio with my Dad. We stayed at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch which was fantastic. Levi's first tooth broke through on Thursday and Caleb lost his second top tooth that same day. We planned to go to Sea World that Friday, but it was closed. Instead, we took the boys to the Natural Bridge Caverns in the morning, swam in the afternoon, and played miniature golf that evening. Saturday, we headed back up to Waco to visit the zoo and see a Baylor football game. Josiah was terrified of the fireworks and barely moved the entire game. I felt so sorry for him.

Sunday, we went to RyAnn's church and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with family. It was so nice to be back for Sunday lunch again. Monday, my mom, sister, and I attempted to take all five boys shopping. For taking five boys, it was a successful trip. Tuesday morning, the boys and I headed to Gladewater to spend a few days with Kerry's mom. We enjoyed relaxing at her house, doing a little shopping, and playing with the boys. We wished we could have brought her back with us.

Friday, my parents, RyAnn and her boys, my boys and I all went to the State Fair of Texas. I can't ever remember going so this was a first for almost all of us. We all had a great time eating food, riding a couple of rides, and seeing the animals. Nana even got a few Christmas presents bought too. And Saturday found us headed back to see Daddy. So, that is the condensed version of our trip. Unfortunately, my camera broke before we left for Texas. It is now fixed. I borrowed my mom's camera while we were there, but there were problems uploading the pictures to a cd. I tried to put them on here from Shutterfly, but they were too small to even see. If I figure out how to make them larger, I will post them.

3 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip. Isn't the State Fair great?! Oh, how I miss Texas!

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time! We sure did miss you though!

ColoradoDreaming said...

glad you had a fun time! I know it was good to visit but probably good to be back home as well.