Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hooray! Josiah's Potty-Trained!

It's definitely official. Josiah is potty-trained. Just two and a half weeks ago, I was talking to my mom on the phone saying that I didn't think Josiah quite understood the entire potty-training thing. He could always go to the bathroom when I told him to go try. He always went poop in the potty but at times he would think he was still dry when he was actually wet. Most of the time, he was in underwear around the house, but I started putting a pull-up on top of the underwear to make cleaning up easier on me. He would say he was dry when he was wet. Then about a week and a half ago, things started to click. On the first day, he initiated going to the bathroom about 3 times. Then the next day it was more and by the time Sunday came around, it was every time. We went to Legoland last Monday and he only had one accident. Since then, he hasn't had a single accident during waking hours. This means, he goes on his own every single time without needing reminding. I am so proud of him. Way to go Josiah!

1 comment:

The O'Connell Clan said...

Yeah Josiah!! That is so exciting! Kendra and you are now potty king and queen! We are so proud of you! Way to go Stephanie! It takes a lot of work on our part too! Way to stick with it!