Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Long Overdue Update

Life is a whirlwind around here right now. I've been meaning to give an update on the boys for the past few weeks, but something is always coming up. I finally decided I could put it off no longer. I will wait and post another time about the changes going on in our family. Enjoy the update.

*Caleb has one more week of baseball. As much as he enjoys baseball, he is looking forward to a break before spring season.
*Caleb is taking skateboard lessons. A while ago, he saved up his own money and bought the skateboard and gear. When I asked him if there was another sport he would like to try, he said skateboarding. We found a nice, clean place for him to take 4 lessons and he's loving it. He is exhausted after each one hour lesson.
*School continues to go so much better than last year. If only I would have tuned in to his learning styles earlier, school might have been smoother on a more consistent basis last year.
*He has taken a growth spurt. It always seems to happen this time of year. Just when I think about buying him new pants in the current size, he grows overnight.
*He and Josiah have started playing so well together. They have had a lot of free time this week and can be found in Caleb's room playing or outside together looking for worms and such.
*With changes coming up in our family, Caleb has amazed me with his flexibility and understanding about God's plan for our family. What an amazing boy God gave us. We are so thankful.


*The above picture is only part of what happens if Josiah is left unattended on my bed with the diaper bag which was picked up off the floor so Levi wouldn't get into it. Josiah who supposedly was watching a DVD in my room, found the diaper cream and put it all over his body and part of my comforter. I should of known he hadn't just fallen asleep.
*With all of Josiah's free time this week, he has been playing in the backyard quite a bit. With that has come bumps, cuts and bruises. But he's loving it and having fun.
*Josiah's imagination continues to amaze me. He will pretend he's on a skateboard or throwing a ball. He will play for long periods of time with the toy car garage we have.
*His vocabulary continues to explode. He does amazingly well with pronouns. For example, "Mom, I want you to get me some juice." This normally occurs when someone else plans to help him and he wants another person to help. We need to work on using the word please a little more.
*He loves playing with Caleb.
*He remembers names very well. We were at church one day and I reminded him that Pastor Rick leads our music at church. A couple of weeks later, during the music time, he was asking me where Pastor Rick was. He loves music and is amazed at anyone who can sing, play the guitar, etc.
*We had a few weeks of him not using God's name correctly. We've been working on using God's name the right way. He can be heard saying or singing, "I love God." He also prefers to say "Dear God" instead of "Dear Jesus" during prayers.
*He is still full of life and keeps on our toes. I love his little twinkle in his eye.


*Levi thinks baby food is yucky. He still has a very very strong gag reflex. We've had physical evidence of it. So, we are not forcing the issue. Two weeks ago, he learned how to drink through a straw. No sippy cups for him.
*He pulled up for the first time last week. He's not very sturdy but he's trying so hard.
*He is starting to say "Mama" more often. It such a wonderful word to hear.
*He loves to follow his big brothers into Caleb's room. It's fun to see them all seeking each other out to play and spend time together.
*He still seems little to me. With Caleb and Josiah, I was always so excited about their new accomplishments and how they were growing up. With Levi, I keep thinking he's too little to be doing certain tasks. I guess he's got my number.
*He has different cries. One is so pitiful that we all drop everything to see what's wrong. It involves his chin quivering and huge tears. I think most of the time it's when he gets a little scared or unsure of what's going on and wants some reassurance.

3 comments:

The Blake Family said...

What an exciting life you all lead! The boys just keep on growing! Thanks for the update.

RyAnn said...

Caleb looks so old out there at his skateboard lessons. I am glad I got to see some of Josiah's mess and I love that Levi is drinking from a straw cup! Braxton loves those too!

I loved your comment. It would be some interesting research to see how much you influenced him in his first 6 months! If we would have had babies on the same day at the same place, I would swear he was switched at birth! He is so much like you!!!! He loves his Aunt Steph.

Funderstorm said...

You absolutely have THE most beautiful family! I think you guys should have many more babies!!! I know it's easy for me to say!! Praying for you!