Monday, December 31, 2007

So Much to Say

It's definitely been awhile since I've posted. Life has been good but busy. Before Christmas, Nana and Granddaddy took Brock, RyAnn, Josiah, Levi and I to see Frosty the Snowman. All the little ones loved it. Levi stayed awake for the entire show. And they all sat so still. We also spent some time in Gladewater with Granny. We even took time to get pictures taken with her. We had a wonderful Christmas with Granny and the boys loved spending time with their cousins.

We drove back to Arlington on Christmas morning to spend with Nana, Granddaddy, Nate, RyAnn, Brock and Braxton. It was definitely a different, active dynamic this year with 5 boys than in the past. For five years, all the focus was on Caleb's reaction to his gifts. This year it was a divide and conquer mentality. RyAnn and Nate each had one of their children. Kerry took Josiah, and I helped Levi. Caleb tore into one present after the other on his own. Nana and Granddaddy also purchased a Wii for their house. Everyone enjoyed playing off and on all day, grown ups included. We also enjoyed seeing extended family over the holidays as well.

Kerry flew back to California on Friday. There were no tears but the reality of the unknown is starting to set in for me. What is God's plan for our family this year? Where is he going to guide us to settle down somewhere or is that even in His plan for us right now? One month didn't seem too long to have Kerry in California and the rest of us in Texas when we were talking about it. Now it seems forever to be away from each other. I'm sure the time will go by quickly as a normal routine should start shortly after the new year.

I have pictures I need to get from the past few weeks and then I can start adding pictures from my new digital camera. That was one of my Christmas gifts this year since my old one is officially broken. I'm glad to finally be back into the world of blogging.

1 comment:

Peas on Earth said...

Hi Stephanie! I don't know you, but I linked to your blog from the Bartley's blog just out of curiousity. I just had to write when I saw you writing about a child named RyAnn. I was very interested in calling our second child that (or same pronunciation with perhaps a different spelling) if he had been a girl. My hubby thought I was crazy!! haha! Are you moving back to FW? (I saw you were signing kids up for gymnastics and assumed that was here since it was your former boss.)
God bless!