Sunday, January 27, 2008

All About Josiah




Josiah has been great this month. His sentences are becoming more complex when he speaks. He will say something over and over until you understand him. One of his favorite songs is "The Star-Spangled Banner." He calls it "By the Dawns Early Light." He went to the grocery store with Nana one day and Nana couldn't figure out what he was saying. He was so persistent that she asked me about it when they got home and he remembered the discussion, and I was able to understand what he was saying. He's had a couple of injuries this month. He has a black fingernail from a falling picture frame and is walking with a limp due to a bruised foot from jumping off a chair. That's life with Josiah. He has been mistaken for a girl twice also. His hair is getting long but it's just too pretty to cut. We have hair appointments on Tuesday, and I'm hesitant to even have his hair touched. Just a tiny trim is all I'm wanting. He still loves Barney and plays outside as much as possible.
Twice this week when we've been in the car, he's told me he wants to go to my house. It's not easy trying to explain that we don't have our house anymore, everything is in storage, and that Daddy is going to find us another house to live in. He is excited about the camper. I did ask him if there was something he wanted Daddy to bring from the house and he said he didn't know. I did tell him Daddy was bringing his bicycle and he was excited to hear that. He's growing up fast!

1 comment:

Dad said...

MOM...DON'T CUT HIS HAIR.

Josiah, don't let mom cut your hair. I LOVE IT. In fact, if mom would let me I'd grow mine out just to be like you.

You are such a special boy to mom and I. We love you more than words can express.

Can't wait to see you in a week, and guess what. I am bringing your bike with me. Can't wait to see you riding it around the RV parks over the next several months.

Hey...and I can't wait to sing the "By the Dawns Early Light" with you. It's our song isn't it.

Love you bubby!

Dad