Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fossil Rim: January 11, 2008

Granddaddy asked us if we would like to go to Fossil Rim one day. If you haven't been, I highly recommend making a day trip out of it and going. We ended up taking Brock and Braxton as well. I think both of us were a little concerned if we could handle five boys on our own, but they did great the entire time. It takes about an hour and a half to get to Fossil Rim. The boys watched movies on the way there and slept on the way back. The time in the middle was spent eating lunch and driving through Fossil Rim feeding animals.

I have to share a cute story about Brock. Brock loves maps and such. Fossil Rim gives a brochure with pictures and facts about the animals you will see. On this brochure, it had a picture of the two dinosaurs from Dinosaur Valley. He asked me what it was and I explained as best as I could. He surprised me when he asked if the dinosaurs were extinct. I told him yes and asked him if he knew what it meant. He was able to tell mean that it means they are no longer living. He went on to tell me that his Mommy told him that. He wanted to know if we could go to Dinosaur Valley and I tried to tell him it would be best to wait until it was warmer but that we could probably go some time. RyAnn later told me that he came home saying that Aunt Stephie was going to take him to Dinosaur Valley. I guess I will be taking 5 boys to Dinosaur Valley when it gets warmer.


Josiah with a goat in the petting area. Josiah didn't like feeding any animals while we were in the car that had horns. He said they were pokey. I thought that was a cute way to put it. He liked feeding the little deer.

Me and Levi in the petting area

Granddaddy and his boys

Caleb loving the zebra in the car


Brock feeding the giraffe for the first time. Caleb actually managed to call the giraffe over to our car from some distance away. I'm not sure how he did it, but he did. Caleb also got to feed the giraffe but I couldn't get a picture of it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Caleb, any closer and that Zebra was coming home with you bro.

Josiah, I am so proud of you in there with the goats. Looks like you are having a ball.

You guys didn't leave Levi with the giraffes, did you. If so, go back and get him. Daddy wants to see all his boys when he arrives in town.

Love you guys!

Dad