Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sick with the Flu

As I sit here typing this entry, I have been sick with the flu for five full days, six if you count Saturday when I thought it was just allergies. Let me just say, it hasn't been fun and it still isn't. I went to the doctor in Longview (we're in Gladewater, TX) on Monday after getting a high fever on Sunday afternoon. They did the flu swab and sure enough, it's the flu. The tough thing is there isn't much you can take when you're pregnant. Tylenol does not do much for a high fever or horrible sore throat. I thought the Benadryl would help me sleep, but I've been up almost all night for the past two nights coughing. I'm trying to wait until my body can't stay awake any longer and hopefully I'll fall right to sleep without three hours of coughing. Kerry has helped as much as he can when he's here. He does very well getting our meals and playing with the boys when he can. And Granny has been great to keep our clothes clean, homemade banana pudding made, and apple juice in stock. I'm so ready to feel better. I know the boys are ready for a mom who's not whispering at them and laying in the recliner during the day just trying to make sure they stay in one piece. The flu is no fun.

5 comments:

Colorado Dreamin' said...

I am so sorry you aren't feeling well! I pray your recovery is quick and that they boys don't get it! Feel better soon!

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am praying! It is just crazy being sick when you are pregnant and there isn't much you can do but rest but I know how hard it must be with 3 boys running around! Wish I could help!

Panda-Mom said...

Count on our clan praying for you sweet girl. ; )

The Blake Family said...

Oh, Stephanie, I do hope you feel better soon.

bartleywedgies said...

Feel better! We passed the flu around here too and you are right - it's no fun. Praying for you to recover and recognizing the blessing that you are at granny's so she can take care of some things. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.