Monday, March 31, 2008

It's a Boy!


Before leaving California for Texas, we had a sonogram done of Baby Mackey. The sonogram technician wasn't too sure that she would be able to tell the gender of the baby. Once she started, she was able to tell pretty much right away that it was a boy. There was at least one sigh of relief from Caleb that it was definitely a boy. Josiah was pretty definite all along that a brother was growing inside of me. Levi has no idea that the family dynamic will change come September. Kerry and I knew we were going to be happy with either a boy or a girl. It looks like we will have a household full of boys!

We have already decided on this precious one's name. We knew that the first name would be a Biblical name, so we've been looking at different names since we knew we were pregnant. We also knew that we wanted a family middle name. One night while I was driving home from running an errand (the boys were with Nana), I felt like God was telling me if we had another boy, his middle name was to be Kent, after Kerry's brother. From now on, this baby boy will be known as Silas Kent Mackey. We look forward to the day he arrives and we can see him face to face.

7 comments:

Panda-Mom said...

Woooohooooo! F-O-U-R Boys!!! That is awesome y'all! Steph, I think you need some kind of extra PINK something or other just to make sure the girliness can stay in your house! ; )

The O'Connell Clan said...

We can't wait to meet Silas!! What a great picture! Kendra will have to visit more :-)

The Blake Family said...

Congratulations...how exciting to have been able to find out so early! I love the name too! I hope everything continues to go well with the pregnancy and as you prepare for little Silas!

Cindy Cates said...

Congrats Steph and family. Being a mother to 4 boys will be wonderful. I know the boys are excited to be big brothers again!

Colorado Dreamin' said...

Thanks! I am so excited for you! My favorite aunt had 4 boys and they were the light of my grandmother's eye. I know your boys are going to be godly young men with a mission for Christ, just like their dad! What a great thing! You are truly blessed!

Funderstorm said...

GIRL!!!! Did I ever tell you I have four brothers? Explains alot to you, doesn't it? Fifth one's the charm. :) Kidding. We're thrilled for you. Healthy baby, healthy mommy, that's our prayer. Praying for your family. Love to all.

Pastor Kerry said...

I am so excited to be a daddy for the 4th time.