Friday, March 21, 2008

Two and a Half Year Old Josiah



I've been meaning to write a post about Josiah for some time so that I would remember some of the interesting things he has said and done.

*While the boys and I were staying with my parents, Josiah headed into the bathroom after we had gotten ready for bed. I assumed he had to go potty or was going to brush his teeth again. He was in there a little too long for those choices so I told him he needed to come back in the bedroom. When he arrived, his eyelashes and eyes were covered in mascara. I'm ready for toddler proof drawers again!

*He calls pants -- long pants, shorts -- short pants, and swimsuits -- swimming pool pants.

*His favorite show right now is Backyardigans.

*His vocabulary is huge. I'm sure having a big brother that uses more complex words has helped in that. He uses words like unusual, amazing, awesome, cool, unique, etc.

*He still loves to sing. The first song he sang completely was "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." His second song was "The Star-Spangled Banner." He's laying on the couch right now singing it as I type.

*When he explains something that has happened to himself, he often changes his voice to explain exactly what he said in that situation. For example if he told me he cried, "Mama, help me." His voice would be normal until the, "Mama, help me" part.

*If you tell him you love him, he'll say, "I love you back."

*His most funny thing happened not too long ago. Kerry, Caleb, Josiah, Levi and I were eating lunch somewhere. Josiah is very excited about the new baby and we were talking about the baby being in my tummy. He proceeded to pat on my breast (in the restaurant) saying that that was where the baby's head was and his tummy and feet were down below. Kerry and I couldn't help but laugh at his explanation. We did go on to explain where the baby can actually be found.

Life with Josiah has and never will be dull. A loud Josiah is often better than a quiet Josiah, because a quiet Josiah is normally exploring something he shouldn't. It's easy to find a loud Josiah and know what he's doing. Along with that, he is so loving towards Levi and Caleb (most of the time) and will often help me when asked. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love this list about Josiah! He and Seth would be ALL trouble if they were ever put together. Enjoy your time back in California! Have safe travels, Kristen

Panda-Mom said...

What great pics!!! He is such a cutie-pie and giving you lots of fun memories! BTW: I kinda like September 4th for the new baby...that's MY birthday! LOL Say he to Kerry for us! ; )

bartleywedgies said...

Glad to catch up with you - I wasn't sure where you were right now. All the boys have grown so much, cuties. I really don;t blame Josiah for getting the mascara - look at those beautiful eyelashes. Hope to see you when you come back to TX...