Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 Days and Counting


Ten more days until we move into our new house, new to us that is. I haven't wanted to mention finding a house until I was for sure everything was going to work out. We close on our house on Friday, and we will be moving into it on June 7. The current owners want time to let their children finish the school year. We've waited this long. One more week doesn't make a big difference. The house sits on one acre and is completely fenced. I'm so excited that the boys and Bailey will have a nice big yard. There is also plenty of room in the driveway for riding bikes, scooters, and skateboards. I don't know if we'll ever want to leave the house. It also has a swimming pool which the boys are thrilled about, Kerry included. The two things missing are a fireplace and a bathtub in the master bath. I will not complain though because those are things that could be changed over time. We are all looking forward to feeling settled. I can't wait to see the boys faces, especially Josiah's face, as we unpack all of their belongings that they haven't seen in six months. It should be fun.

2 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

Can't wait for you to be able to say "I am home!" So exciting!! Christmas in June is so fun!!

Mandy said...

I miss you guys so much. Your house looks awesome! I can't imagine how wonderful that land must feel when you've been "cooped up" in California. Hope the move in goes well.