Thursday, May 08, 2008

Birthday with Family

We celebrated Caleb birthday with family Saturday, the 26th, before we left for Florida. He was so excited to be able to celebrate with family. I think he was really interested in the presents he was going to receive. He has been asking for star wars for a couple of years, and I haven't been too sure if I wanted him to have Star Wars stuff. I'm not a big fan of violence related toys. Anyway, I finally relented since Kerry has never really seen the big deal in it not having them. Caleb wanted a Star Wars cake. I was checking on ebay for cake pans and was amazed at the prices for some of them -- up to $50 for a cake pan! The one I purchase was a whole lot less than that. The cake didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to, I put too much food coloring in the icing. It was supposed to be gray but it looks blue in the pictures. The main thing was that Caleb thought it looked great. All the boys had fun playing together. It was kind of sad knowing that it was the last time we would all be together until July. But it definitely was a time sweet time spent as one big family.

The cake


Josiah, Brock, Braxton, Caleb, and Levi


RyAnn and Levi


Our family of five for now


Caleb is ready to blow out his candles

3 comments:

Panda-Mom said...

Hi! You are so great at the cake thing!!! Are you changing your Blog name to Flori-Texans?? LOL! Glad you guys are settling in there.

The O'Connell Clan said...

I am thinking some Florida thing too...hmmm...Coast to Coast Texans? But let me tell you we are so happy if you keep it "Cali"! I still have hope that someday, someday, God will call you back to CA, that, or God will call us to where ever you are! He is amazing, that is all I have to say...I can't imagine life without you as a friend. I am so very thankful to Him that he brought you to CA even if it was just enough time for us to realize there is someone else in the world some what like me! Ok, now for the post...LOVE the cake! I was so waiting for that picture! Do you think you can ship a cake for me for the kids birthdays? I better start practicing. A Thomas train and a Princess castle...oh boy! I just love the family picture. I am so glad that Caleb had a wonderful birthday...and that the boys all had fun just being together! What a great way to celebrate! Happy Birthday again Caleb...Star Wars...very exciting!

Colorado Dreamin' said...

His birthday looked so fun! Jonathan loves Star Wars!

We spent the last two days at the Homeschool book fair (John and the two younger kids and I) and we found some great things. I started anew blog for my homeschool stuff. I need to post pics of our adventures the last few days. http://westcliffemountainacademy.blogspot.com/

Glad to hear your little one is on the mend. I am sure that was scary!

Hope you are settling in! We should be moving to Colorado within two years! Yay!