Sunday, May 04, 2008

No Church This Week

The boys and I had every intention of attending church with Kerry this weekend at our new church. Unfortunately, Levi had other ideas. We went to the beach Friday evening before dark to let the boys play for a couple of hours. The following morning, Levi had a fever and a rash on his knees, hands, feet, and mouth. My first thought was that it was probably from crawling around in the sand and picking it up and attempting to put it in his mouth. We decided to monitor Levi throughout the day. I almost considered taking the boys to church anyway, but just in case Levi was catching, I didn't want to risk it.

Saturday night at church, Kerry met a doctor and was describing Levi's symptoms. He thinks it's sea lice. I had never heard of it before. It sounds so gross if you ask me. I looked it up just now and it is actually jellyfish larvae that can sting. I"m hoping he'll feel better in a few days. Kerry has taken the two big boys to the beach again which is allowing me to give Levi some one on one care when he doesn't feel well.

2 comments:

The O'Connell Clan said...

How is it going...is he better? Poor guy! Well gosh you learn something new every day! Can't wait to hear about church!

Colorado Dreamin' said...

I have never heard of it! Hope he is better soon!!!

Are you getting settled in? Hope so!