Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Our House

Last week, we had a wonderful visit with my Dad while he was here. It went by fast and before we knew it, he was leaving. I'll write more about his visit with pictures hopefully next week.

This past Saturday, we moved into our new home, new to us. It was touch and go for a few days if we would get to move in on Saturday but I will spare you all of those boring details. It is slow going putting things into order. We have accumulated way too much stuff. I didn't pack and label as well as I thought I had. I did pretty well labeling in the kitchen, but when it came to other items, I didn't do as well. Plus, since most of our things sat in storage for six months, we are really having to clean some items, not just a light dusting. I've still got quite a few boxes to go through. Most of the boxes left are not very fun boxes. I labeled one "junk that I need to go through." That doesn't get me very excited about tackling that box.

The boys really like their new home. They have been great as I have been unpacking almost constantly. They are enjoying the lizards, frogs, snakes, and rabbits on our one acre. They are falling into bed exhausted each night. The really sad thing is that Josiah has worn his swimsuit for about three days straight. And Levi has worn a diaper on those days. We do have errands that we need to get done tomorrow morning so hopefully we will all be wearing clean clothes tomorrow.

I will write at a later time about our house, but I'm worn out and want to get a couple of more hours of work done while the boys are sleeping.

5 comments:

Bartley Family said...

can't wait to see pics. Frogs and bunnies I can handle but not sure about lizards and snakes. Sounds like you guys are getting settled.

Panda-Mom said...

Just saying Hey and seeing if y'all are settling in yet!

Can't remember if I told you that your BU roomate Kerri is my friend at church! She saw you linked on my blog and we had the biggest laugh realizing that we were at your wedding together!!! ; ) Small world!

Colorado Dreamin' said...

Glad the house is going well. Take is slow and enjoy!

Kelly said...

Hey there!
It was great seeing you for a second in the office yesterday. Glad to hear you guys are slowly settling in. So sorry Brad and I haven't made it over there this week. I feel like we've had something going on every day.
Lets get together again soon though!

RyAnn said...

I think it is time for an update sis!